Thursday, May 27, 2010

Released!

A little over a week ago, I was "released" of my census position.

"Released."

Fired.Asked to resign.

There are several things I love about this story. First of all, I was released because I couldn't work 20 hours a week, a fact I made clear throughout the hiring process, that was not an issue until they decided it was. Several of us were in the same boat. No biggie.

But I love that first of all, the guy I was working for (Ken--LOVE him), said, "They're asking you to resign. You don't have to, of course." I was happy to do it by then--the work had become quite burdensome, frankly, in addition to everything else going on. So I said, "Sure, no prob.," but he said he wouldn't. Hmmmm... I asked why. "Cuz if you don't, then it's on THEM." Yeah. To FIRE me. LOL!!

This was all discussed at our 8:45 p.m. meeting, and I said I would talk with the Crew Leader more in the morning to figure out the details--how much notice did they need, etc.

Oh, no worries about that--I was released promptly at 8 a.m. the next morning. Do you know they have a FORM? It's their usual "Info-Comm" form, where you check the box "Other," and attach another form where you check the box "Resigned," and it's that simple. REALLY????

But the BEST part of the story is when I got the text from my bestest ever gf--she has been with me through the worst of my experiences, and right there with me through the best. BEST FRIEND EVER. I told her I was no longer working for the census, that I'd been let go, and she, always with my back, called right away. What happened? I told her about the hours. She said, "Oh, I just assumed you got fired for talking too much."

Bahahahahahaha!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence best-ever-sister-friend!! LOL!! THANKS!!

But at the end of the day, I won't be coming to count you. And I won't mind.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Hysterical!! I feel like a celebrity having made the blog for INSULTING you! xoxoxoxo love you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this one...I must have missed it....LOL!!!!! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete